Does PrintQueueWatch support shared printer?

Aug 28, 2016 at 10:06 AM
it works perfectly on network printer.
does it support shared printer?
example:
PC-1 has a printer on a USB port. PC-1 is in a network. PC's IP is 192.168.2.50. Suppose PC-2 (ip 192.168.2.51) installed the printer and sends a print command to the printer.
PrintQueueWatch is not detecting the print command from PC-2 but PC-1 Detecting the print command !!

Why is that ?
my desired out put is when PC-2 prints a file ,PrintQueueWatch should detect it Not PC-1.

Help me guys.
Coordinator
Aug 29, 2016 at 6:19 PM
Which PC are you running the component on?
Aug 30, 2016 at 3:02 AM
Merrion wrote:
Which PC are you running the component on?
Both.
Let me explain .
Pat's PC is attached with a USB printer. Sam and Pat both are in the same network. now Sam installs Pat's printer .Both has the component running on their pc. now when sam gives a print command , Component on sam's pc does not detect it but component on pat's pc detects it . my desired out put is , when sam gives a print command , component on same's pc should detect it not pat's component.
Coordinator
Aug 30, 2016 at 10:57 AM
Unfortunately what is being monitored is the spooler process that is handling the actual printing - this resides on Pat's PC. The communication with the printer is all done by Pat's machine - all that Sam's machine is doing is passing in a print job for Pat's machine to execute.

There is a property "UserName" in the print job class that says who sent the job and also a property "MachineName" that says where the job came from - you can use these to filter jobs (on Pat's PC) to only see those coming from Sam.