Thanks for the reply..But still not clear with the reply
I have some realistic situation in which the reconcilation of the Page count will not happen
I have install my program as a service on the Print Server where there are firm wide user prinitng via that Print Server
All the job go to the printer via Print server so my program can detect all the job fired by the user
But the bad thing is that Printer cannot communicate back to the Print server on weather printing had really happened
- User gave 10 page printing
- My program on Print server records 10 page on the log file
- But on printer after 5 pages were printed user cancel the last 5 page
At last: User printed only 5 pages but my program had 10 page record
- User gave 10 page printing, but it was secured printing means the printing will not happen but it will just get stored on the hard disk of the Printer on which the printing is fired
- My program on Print server simply record te 10 pages
- Later it is up to user weather he/she want the printing. If they wanted they will go to the Printer and select their document and print
- If they did not print then there is the Page count issue
There are plenty of more but if you can help me sort out this problem i can do the rest
<font face="Helv" size="2">
Regarding your answer no 3 i.e.
A JobWritten event occurs whenever any data are written to the spooler or from the spooler to the printer. It is reasonable for this to happen very many times per print job.
I am recording the logs in the text file and there is continues printing happening.
If i keep the record type written it will create a huge logs and at the end of the day i will have a log which is more then 100 MB size.
The problem of big size is that my program which read this log and store the detail in a datababse is on different server and different countires so it takes more than half an hour to copy the log file
So i decided NOT to use the Write type in my log and just use Add and Delete type .
Will this impact my Page counting ?
My service is on the print server which is always on 24 x 7
If my Program runs continously for serveral days..will it have any impact like program crashing down.
Hope you can help me more with your precious suggestion and comment