Guest book

Coordinator
Feb 21, 2008 at 7:02 AM
Sign in here if you are using the component so that we can get an idea of the numbers involved to help prioritise between the various open projects we have on the go.
Thanks
Duncan
Feb 23, 2008 at 12:02 AM
i'm currently playing with it, thank you for sharing it and for having created this dedicated space.
Mar 6, 2008 at 10:40 PM
This is a great component you've written. It has certainly eased development when working with printers.
Developer
Mar 28, 2008 at 11:29 AM
Duncan,

I'm about to start using your component this week and have already posted a question on the puma thread.

I intend to use the component to log the print requests as it is does now but i'd also like to add to it's functionality.

I noticed the thread you had with FaTech. I'd also like to determine the number of pages requested by the user and if this amount surpasses a pre-defined limit then the print is blocked. So all prints are spooled but automatically paused (as per the advice you gave FaTech) until the page count is determined and released if below the limit. If above then i need to determine the name of the ps/pcl spool file and send it to another server (or the same server) for converting to PDF and delete the original spool request.

Assuming i use the events/properties you mentioned in the thread with FaTech, can i also identify the actual physical print file associated with each spool record so I can redirect it?

Also are there any printers not supported?

Also congratulations on developing such a nice piece of code.

Thanks
Martin
Sep 10, 2008 at 2:25 PM
I'm starting to work with it.  My firm wants to keep track of who prints what files on which printers, and this seems like an ideal component to use as the core of my program.
Feb 17, 2009 at 11:06 AM
Hello, two developers at Propona (http://www.propona.co.uk) are also working with this component to integrate it with a secure document printing system.
May 28, 2009 at 6:52 PM
Edited May 28, 2009 at 6:52 PM

hello, this is a great component when working with printers but i'd like know if anyone have better examples of how use this component on my application to monitor printers.

anyone can help me? thanks

Coordinator
May 28, 2009 at 7:36 PM

I have added an example:

http://printqueuewatch.codeplex.com/Wiki/View.aspx?title=Getting%20started

May 28, 2009 at 9:49 PM

Hello, that was very helping and now i need a small help how i can print to a text file the printing monitoring.

I didn't discover where the program is generating the output for that i can get the printing information.

i aprecciate any help... thanks

Dec 11, 2009 at 6:15 PM

Hi Merrion.

I am putting together a small print logging app with your component. Thanks for making this available!

Jan 26, 2010 at 8:44 PM

I think this is a great component.  It really takes the drudgery out of all the Print Monitoring problems you can  run into, when you have to know whats going on in a particular print queue manually.  I really want to use this component in my C/C++ programs.  Any chance there exists some examples out there I could see?

Mar 17, 2010 at 2:32 PM

Hi Merrion.

I think that your work is great. I am using it in an application of image printing audit (with postgres) and works great. 

Thank you very much.

Nov 20, 2010 at 12:09 PM

hi i downloaded your component(PrinterQueueWatch_2_0_7.zip) from this link

http://printqueuewatch.codeplex.com/releases/view/18618

whenever i try to add the PrintQueueWatch.dll from the toolbar

i get the following error

failed to add the component and something like could not load the assembly PrintQueueWatch.resources or any of its dependices 

i even added these to files as reference to my project but i still get the error

please help me 

thanx in advance

ps: i m using vs2008

Jan 5, 2011 at 1:15 AM

hi im also using the component (PrinterQueueWatch 2.0.7 from the link http://printqueuewatch.codeplex.com/releases/view/18618

i successfully compiled it and run it problem is the viewer cant see anything on it but on sql2008 server it records the data what i printed. thanks i would like to help develop this project more and enhance it

im using vs2008

my error when running it is

Application: Initialising the printer usage reports collection from
A first chance exception of type 'System.ArgumentException' occurred in Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
Creating printer context menu

but the viewer it builds and execute but nothing to view on it. thanks everyone.... kindly help

Jan 7, 2011 at 3:10 PM

I'm also using and the component is awesome, keep supporting them please

Jan 8, 2011 at 12:01 AM

bro gustavofbreunig 

have you able to run the printmonitor manger and all what did u use what server sql and what Operating system did u run the database or install to

thanks im figuring out how to make all this run

Sep 7, 2011 at 7:33 PM

We use this component in a production environment to provide a throttle point in front of our data center printers. It's been a valuable piece of software; thank you for your development and support efforts.