PrintJob.Printed is never being set to true

Aug 19, 2010 at 5:13 PM
Edited Aug 19, 2010 at 6:11 PM

I added the PrintQueueWatch to my application. The JobAdded and JobWritten events are being called, but the PrinJob.Printed flag is never being set to true.

I want to fire a next print job after the first one is completed(Printed flag = true), but I cannot do that.

Please help!

Coordinator
Aug 19, 2010 at 9:20 PM
Do you get a JobDeleted event?

On 19 Aug 2010, at 18:13, "silver2gold" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I added the PrintQueueWatch to my application. The JobAdded and JobWritten events are being called, but the PrinJob.Printed flag is never being set to true.

The PrintJob.Spooling flag is set to true when its spooling. I want to fire a next print job after the first one is completed(Printed flag = true), but I cannot do that.

Please help!

Aug 19, 2010 at 9:43 PM

Yes, with Job Deleted, I can achieve what I need.

It's an awesome component!

Thanks a bunch!

Aug 30, 2010 at 6:11 PM
silver2gold wrote:

Thanks a bunch!

I'm having the same problem, but at jobdeleted event.

printed never is set to true, but only in Windows XP, the same version of my program running in Windows 7 works fine.

Printjob.status always returns DELETED and DELETING at the JobDeleted event and printed is always false.

any ideas ?

Coordinator
Aug 31, 2010 at 3:05 PM
I have never seen this issue but it might be a problem with the printer driver software. Maybe try a software printer (e.g. A PDF printer driver) and see if it has the same issue?

On 30 Aug 2010, at 19:11, "ademiritumbiara" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

silver2gold wrote:

Thanks a bunch!

printed never is set to true, but only in Windows XP, the same version of my program running in Windows 7 works fine.

Printjob.status always returns DELETED and DELETING at the JobDeleted event and printed is always false.

any ideas ?

Aug 31, 2010 at 4:53 PM
Merrion wrote:
I have never seen this issue but it might be a problem with the printer driver software. Maybe try a software printer (e.g. A PDF printer driver) and see if it has the same issue?

silver2gold wrote:

Thanks a bunch!

any ideas ?

I tried with several printers and drivers: Canon MF 5700 Series, Canon IR 1023 PCL 5, OKIDATA B 4350 PCL and PS, Microsoft XPS, and the same result.

Sep 1, 2010 at 10:54 AM
Hi, Merrion
I tried with several printers and drivers, including PDF and Microsoft XPS, but the problem still persists.
All other fields are OK, including PagesPrinted, but STATUS is always DELETED and DELETING, and STATUSDESCRIPTION is NULL.
Like I said before, the problem only occours in Windows XP, in Windows 7 works OK.
I compiled my program in VS2010 on Windows XP, Windows 7 32 bits, Windows 7 64 bits, and the problem still occours.
Another thing, have anybody get PrinterQueueWatch working in 64 bits ???
Regards,
Ademir.
Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2010 12:06 PM
To: [email removed]
Subject: Re: PrintJob.Printed is never being set to true [PrintQueueWatch:224133]

silver2gold wrote:

Thanks a bunch!

any ideas ?

Coordinator
Sep 2, 2010 at 7:27 PM
The component does not work in 64 bit OS and I have no 64 bit Dev machine to work on. I think it is related to the difference between Int32 and IntPtr in the data structures. Suggest experimentation in that?
Sep 3, 2010 at 12:58 PM
Thanks, I’ll try that and if I have any success, I’ll post here.
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2010 4:27 PM
To: [email removed]
Subject: Re: PrintJob.Printed is never being set to true [PrintQueueWatch:224133]

The component does not work in 64 bit OS and I have no 64 bit Dev machine to work on. I think it is related to the difference between Int32 and IntPtr in the data structures. Suggest experimentation in that?